Monday, September 16, 2013

PHOTO: Kerry Washington On The Cover of FLARE Magazine

All About Kerry Washington! The Star sizzles on the cover of FLARE Magazine’s October 2013 Issue





Kerry Washington is one hot cover star.
After gracing the cover of Glamour Magazine‘s September Issue, the actress takes on yet another magazine – this time Canada’s FLARE.
The Hollywood star who is nominated for an Emmy for her role as Olivia Pope in the abc series, dazzles on the cover in a printastic Miu Miu coat. Miuccia Prada (of Prada and Miu Miu) sent models down the runway in gorgeous fur and silk coats for the label’s Fall 2013 collection.
Her cover outfit was styled with a gold polka dot Miu Miu scarf and white Christian Louboutin heels. On her secret wedding to Nigerian-American NFL Player Nnamdi Asomugha, the star stayed mum.


Excerpts from the interview;
On rooting for the mistress on Scandal - A lot of people have had an affair. Most people haven’t had an affair with the president of the United States. But they can relate to it… I had girlfriends calling me from week three [of Scandal] going, “I’m really uncomfortable. Why am I rooting for the mistress? I’m a married woman!” And I would say, “It’s OK, it’s OK.”… There are some ways you want to be Olivia Pope and some ways you want to do a major intervention for her.”

On why she loves acting – I love those moments that are few and far between, where you’re so deeply, deeply invested in an imaginary world that you truly forget yourself for a little while, and the only reality that exists is the reality of that scene. That’s like drugs to me. And it is hard to find that high, but that’s what you work for.”
On her love of fashion – The red carpet is good marketing. When you work so hard, you should stand behind the project in a way that magnetizes people. So I, like a good, only-child student, studied fashion and decided I was going to play that game, and fell in love with it, and with the artists and designers.
On childhood ambitions  - I didn’t think I would do this for a living—because I didn’t know anybody who did. I come from an academic family, so I figured I would have a real job.
On the challenging of being an only child – You feel like the pressure’s on you to live up to all of the dreams and expectations, because you’re it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...