Friday, October 11, 2013

Mesut Ozil Hits Back Over Real Madrid Criticism



Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil has defended his record at Real Madrid after the Spanish club's president questioned his mentality.
Florentino Perez claimed that the 24-year-old had requested his deadline-day switch to the Premier League as he "could not stand the pressure of Madrid".

However, the Germany international wants to draw a line under the issue, stating that he was happy with his contribution during his stay at Santiago Bernabeu.
"First of all, I had three wonderful years in Madrid, I don't want to add anything on that. I am now at Arsenal and very happy," Ozil told the press.

"If you see my figures [in Madrid] and how many matches I played there, then you can also see my professionalism. I don't want to say more about it."

Ozil has made a flying start to life at Arsenal, assisting five goals in six games to help Arsene Wenger's men move to the top of the Premier League and Champions League Group F.

"For me, personally, the Premier League is the strongest, it is well balanced. You have many top-class clubs," the midfielder enthused.

"I think it's a nice experience to play abroad. You get to learn a new culture and new language, you improve a lot as a person. That's why I am happy to have another new experience in England. I really think this league will suit me well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...