Saturday, September 28, 2013

Jose Mourinho Hails Mata Response





Friday, September 27, 2013 - Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho has lauded the Spanish playmaker’s attitude despite falling down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.

Mata made his second Chelsea start in seven matches during the 2-0 Capital One Cup win over Swindon Town on Tuesday.

Mourinho has hitherto asked the 26-year old to work on his defensive aspect of the game if he hopes to stake a claim in the starting side.

But the 26-year-old was given a full 90 minutes in Tuesday’s 2-0 League Cup victory over Swindon Town, and impressed, with Mourinho expecting more of the same if he features against Tottenham on Saturday.


Mourinho said:”I liked the way Juan Mata played against Swindon.


“His attitude is very good and his effort was good.

“When a player makes an effort to come in my direction then I go to him as well.

“I can imagine from now, him working into my way of thinking and I think the natural tendency will for him to be in the team.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...