Tuesday, September 24, 2013

OBAMA - I haven't Had a Cigarette in 6 Years

'I haven't had a cigarette in 6 years because of my wife:' Obama reveals on live microphone why he REALLY quit smoking

  • President Obama made the remarks to United Nations official Maina Kiai at the U.N. General Assembly gathering in New York
  • The remarks were recorded on a live microphone and aired on CNN

In this grab from a CNN video, U.N. official Maina Kiai (left) says 'Sometimes' when asked by President Obama whether he has stopped smoking.
When Kiai asks Obama whether he is still smoking, Obama responds, 'No, no, I haven't had a cigarette in probably six years. That's because I'm scared of my wife.'

See more photos and gist after the cut..






President Obama was caught on a live microphone Monday telling a United Nations official that he hasn't smoked in six years because of his wife.
'I haven't had a cigarette in probably six years,' Obama was overhead telling Maina Kiai at the U.N. General Assembly in New York. 
'That's because of my wife,' he added with a grin.


The conversation between Obama and Kiai began with the president asking about Kiai's smoking habit. 
'I hope you've quite smoking,' Obama says, according to a recording of the conversation aired by CNN. 
'Sometimes,' Kiai responds, before asking Obama whether he's kicked his habit.


The two men laughed as Obama assured he hadn't had a cigarette in six years thanks to the First Lady.


Two years earlier, in 2009, Obama referred to himself as a 'former smoker,' but admitted he still struggled with the habit. 
'I've said before that as a former smoker I constantly struggle with it. Have I fallen off the wagon sometimes? Yes. Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No,' he said at a press conference in 2009.
'I don't do it in front of my kids. I don't do it in front of my family. And, you know, I would say that I am 95 percent cured. But there are times where...There are times where I mess up.'

Hopefully, he would be 100 percent off it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...