20 Awesome Things You Didn't Know About Disney's Movie 'Frozen'!
Yes, Frozen came out back in November and we are still talking about it, because it's become one of our favorite movies ever!
"Let It Go" remains on repeat during our morning commute and we're still pretty upset that talking snowmen don't actually exist. After breaking all kinds of movie and song records, Frozen the musical is up next!
Before Anna and Elsa hit Broadway, here are 20 things you don't know about this Academy Award-winning movie:
'Frozen' Princesses Reclaim Throne On Top Of Billboard Album...
The animated princesses of Disney hit "Frozen" reclaimed the top of the Billboard 200 album chart on Wednesday as the soundtrack to the juggernaut film beat new entries to No.1. "Frozen," which features the...
1. They modeled the reindeer, Sven, after Executive Producer John Lasseter's dog, Frankie! They actually brought in a real reindeer, but he just stood there and didn't move.
2. The crew got to tour Norway as "research" when they were designing the kingdom of Arrendelle. Coolest job ever.
3. Rapunzel and Flynn Rider from Tangled make a surprise appearance in Frozen! When they open the city gates for Elsa's coronation, you can see the couple's backs toward the camera.
4. However, there are more Disney theories within the movie. Fans believe that when Elsa and Anna's parents left the kingdom, they were en route to Germany for Rapunzel's homecoming when their ship sank near Denmark. The second part of the theory is that the boat the parents were on is actually the sunken ship in The Little Mermaid. Where does The Little Mermaid take place? Denmark, of course. Disney can be so clever with their inter-weaving storylines.
5. Queen Elsa was originally supposed to be a villain. Thankfully they changed the story to make her misunderstood. The movie just wouldn't have been the same.
6. They approached Idina Menzel to play Elsa after hearing her audition tape for Rapunzel inTangled.
7. Director Chris Buck has worked on animation for other Disney classics including The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, Oliver & Company, and The Rescuers Down Under.
8. The animators of the film will watch the voice actors perform their lines in the booth and study the faces they make while they act it out.
9. The co-director and writer of Frozen, Jennifer Lee, also wrote the screenplay for Wreck-It Ralph.
10. Did you notice there is a Mickey Mouse stuffed animal on one of the shelves at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post?
11. Elsa is the only Disney princess who isn't a teenager. Jennifer Lee said that she's 21. Anna is 18.
12. Josh Gad improvised most of Olaf's lines to make the producers laugh.
13.During the end credits there is a disclaimer about boogers! "The views and opinions expressed by Kristoff in he film that all men eat their own boogers are solely his own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the Walt Disney Company or the filmmakers. Neither The Walt Disney Company nor the filmmakers make any representation of the accuracy any such views and opinions."
14. Frozen was the first full-length Disney (non-Pixar) movie to win the Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature.
15. Frozen is the highest-grossing animated film in history beating out Toy Story 3. It has made over $1.07 billion and is still raking in the cash!
16. Jennifer Lee is the first female to direct a full-length Disney animated feature film. She is also the second woman ever to solely write the screenplay for a Disney film since Linda Woolverton wrote Beauty and The Beast in 1991.
17. The movie is based off of a Hans Christian Anderson story titled The Snow Queen, which was also the original title of the hit film before they changed it to Frozen.
18. Kristen Bell admitted that it had been a dream of hers to voice a Disney princess. She grew up watching The Little Mermaid and used to record herself singing all the songs. Like Menzel, Bell also auditioned to play Rapunzel in Tangled.
19. Anna is the only Disney princess to share a duet with the villain character.
20. The composer of the film, Christophe Beck, composed a bunch of movies you loveincluding Bring it On, Just Married, Hot Tub Time Machine, Date Night, The Hangover Part 2,Crazy, Stupid, Love and lots more.