Tuesday, April 15, 2014

PHARRELL BREAKS DOWN IN TEARS DURING OPRAH INTERVIEW... WATCH

Pharrell and Oprah

Pharrell has had a tremendous year. After winning four Grammys and performing at the Academy Awards, the humble hitmaker sat down with Oprah Winfrey on “Oprah Prime,” which aired Sunday on OWN.
While watching fans around the world dance to his hit “Happy,” the 41-year-old was overcome with emotion and broke down in tears.
“It’s overwhelming because I love what I do and people have believed in me for so long that I can make it to this point, to feel that,” said Pharrell.

He also opened up about the obstacles he faced while trying to launch a solocareer. “I had accepted that I was gonna be a writer and a producer, and I was happy to be the guy standing next to the guy,” he said.
He looked to Jay Z and Puff Daddy for mentorship, but realized that he wasn’t serving his purpose. “I misinterpreted what Jay was doing. I wanted theprivate jets, the girls.”
Plus, find out what music he grew up listening to, his ability to see music in colors, and the book that changed his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...