"Once again, Woody Allen is attacking me and my family in an effort to discredit and silence me - but nothing he says or writes can change the truth," Dylan, now 28, has told Us. "For 20 years, I have never wavered in describing what he did to me. I will carry the memories of surviving these experiences for the rest of my life."
"His op-ed is the latest rehash of the same legalese, distortions, and outright lies he has leveled at me for the past 20 years. He insists my mother brought criminal charges - in fact, it was a pediatrician who reported the incident to the police based on my firsthand account," she continued of Allen, 78. "He suggests that no one complained of his misconduct prior to his assault on me - court documents show that he was in treatment for what his own therapist described as 'inappropriate' behavior with me from as early as 1991."
"He offers a carefully worded claim that he passed a lie detector test - in fact, he refused to take the test administered by the state police (he hired someone to administer his own test, which authorities refused to accept as evidence)."
"With all the attempts to misrepresent the facts, it is important to be reminded of the truth contained in court documents from the only final ruling in this case, by the New York Supreme Court in 1992," Farrow continued. (She also linked to a Vanity Fair story posted on Feb. 7, which listed 10 "undeniable" facts about the alleged case.)
Mia Farrow, Ronan Farrow, Woody Allen, and Dylan Farrow in 1988. Credit: David Mcgough/DMI/Time Life Pictures/Getty Images
- Debunked the 'experts' my father claims exonerated him, calling them 'colored by their loyalty to Mr. Allen', criticizing the author of their report (who never met me) for destroying all supporting documentation, and calling their conclusions 'sanitized and therefore less credible.'
- Included testimony from babysitters who witnessed inappropriate sexual behavior by my father toward me.
- Found that there is no credible evidence to support Mr. Allen's contention that Ms. Farrow coached Dylan or that Ms. Farrow acted upon a desire for revenge against him for seducing Soon-Yi. Mr. Allen's resort to the stereotypical 'woman scorned' defense is an injudicious attempt to divert attention from his failure to act as a responsible parent and adult.
- Concluded that the evidence '…proves that Mr. Allen's behavior toward Dylan was grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her.'
- Finally, the Connecticut State prosecutor found 'probable cause' to prosecute, but made the decision not to in an effort to protect 'the child victim,' given my fragile state."
Farrow is clearly not letting Allen's rebuttal affect her. "From the bottom of my heart, I will be forever grateful for the outpouring of support I have received from survivors and countless others. If speaking out about my experience can help others stand up to their tormentors, it will be worth the pain and suffering my father continues to inflict on me," she told Us. "Woody Allen has an arsenal of lawyers and publicists but the one thing he does not have on his side is the truth. I hope this is the end of his vicious attacks and of the media campaign by his lawyers and publicists, as he's promised. I won't let the truth be buried and I won't be silenced."