Saturday, March 01, 2014

Eto'o: I don't have to explain anything about my age


The Cameroon striker has hit out at suggestions that he is older than 32 after a private conversation involving Jose Mourinho was recorded by a French television station.

Chelsea striker Samuel Eto’o has hit out at allegations suggesting he is older than 32 years old.
Jose Mourinho was left fuming after a private conversation was recorded by Canal Plus and revealed the Blues boss saying: "The problem with Chelsea is we lack a scorer. I have one [Eto'o] but he's 32. Maybe 35, who knows?"


But when questioned about Mourinho’s comments after Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Galatasaray on Wednesday, Eto’o told Mediaset: "I do not have to explain anything.

"I triumphed with all the teams I played for, I'm the player I am and I want to help Chelsea to win a cup this season."

At the Turk Telekom Arena on Wednesday, Fernando Torres’ early opener was cancelled out by Aurelien Chedjou’s strike after the break and Eto’o has urged Chelsea to take advantage of playing at home in the second leg.

"It’s a good result for us," said the striker. "In the return leg, however, we must be very careful and take advantage of the home advantage. We need a goal to qualify."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...