Friday, October 25, 2013

Kanye Dishes On Faith, Public Perception, Yeezus Tour, and More (Watch!)



*Refer to Webster for the definition of “egomaniac” and you might find Kanye West‘s name–and nothing else.
The vainglorious lyricist eats controversy for breakfast, media hype for lunch, and whatever the f*@*K he wants for dinner–because that’s what being a multi-platinum selling artist means: absorbing the hate, feeding on the criticism, and sitting pretty in the lap of luxury.
Mere mortals will never understand, and Kanye doesn’t pretend to care (remember, he’s “Yeezus” not the other all-powerful guy).
Kanye sat down with San Francisco radio station 99.7 NOW (a Radio.com station) to talk about the importance of family and God, his perception in the media, how fashion design can save the world, and how he’s just like a video game character with one important difference: You can’t control him.
“What I think I’ve done up to now by having this ‘in-question perception’ … I’ve allowed myself a clean slate to go anywhere. If I hadn’t made “New Slaves,” then I couldn’t have had that portrayal of Jesus [on stage]. And then I would be on a slippery slope of ‘control of perception,’ as opposed to just being extremely creative and expressing exactly what I wanted to do, whether people took it as a mistake or not.”
As always, he effusively continued.
“A lot of times people look at celebrities like a video game character or an avatar. And I’m gonna tell you what up with me: My joystick is all the way out the plug. You ain’t controlling this avatar in any way. There’s only one person that walks this earth, or one level of greatness that can control me, and that’s God.”
Despite his permanent residence under the public eye, including a lengthy disagreement with late-night host Jimmy Kimmel, Kanye remains steadfast in the origins of his erratic behavior.
“I don’t do anything for the sake of controversy. I don’t do anything for the sake of publicity.”
When asked about his philanthropy, Kanye says that he’s still working out how to say his next thought, but says this is close enough for now:
“My life is philanthropy. When I wake up it’s philanthropy. Everything I’m doing is ‘How can I help others?’ So if you think about the things that I’ve got the most backlash for I was actually trying to help others –maybe in the wrong way, maybe in the wrong time — but really trying to fight for … what I thought was the truth. When people say ‘Kanye’s crazy’ sometimes I’m like, ‘I feel like I’m the only one not crazy, I’m the only one not limited, I’m the only one not afraid. You get to be afraid a little bit, but bravery is not not having fear, it’s overcoming fear.”
He adds, “I feel like a little bit, like, I’m the Braveheart of creativity.”
Watch all three interviews below.





Source: eurweb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...