Monday, October 21, 2013

VIDEO: Drake - I'm Sick of People’ Labeling Me Emotional and Lonely



*During his recent interview with Canada’s Q Radio, Drake opened up about his music, choice in sound and his hometown.
In terms of using melody in his music, Drake feels its essential to his signature sound. He says that he tends to shy away from major chord progressions because “Those aren’t the melodies that hit you in the heart.”
The radio station asked him to speak on the significance of his hometown, Toronto.  “I’ve always been so proud of this city,” Drake said. “It’s the most open minded place you could possibly come from.” He added, “It took U.S. acceptance to create Canadian pride.”
Drake talked about the downbeat moments that are scattered throughout his new album. “There’s a victorious sentiment behind it, you know? I think the most important thing to understand about this record is the sentiment. I’m 26, working as hard as I possibly can with my friends that I grew up with, making my family happy. I’m so sick of people saying that I’m lonely and emotional, associating me with this longing for a woman. I hate that, man. It bothers me so much, because I do make music that feels something but I’m actually not that guy in real life. I’m a happy person. I make my music for the purpose of driving at nighttime.”
Watch the interview above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...