Friday, November 22, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence Loves Her Brother, But Has No Idea What He Does for aLiving, and Other Equally Fabulous J. Law Disclosures



Jennifer Lawrence—God’s gift to entertainment journalists—is so close to finishing her Catching Fire promotional tour and the Hunger Games star is understandably exhausted. We know this because on the Late Show with David Letterman last night, Lawrence said it about eight times in between discussing her gastrointestinal issues, advising audience members against getting haircuts on cruises, and at one point, curling up under a pink blanket with Letterman and miming going to sleep. 
Realizing the gift that was before him on his stage—a spastic actress so broken down by promotional duties that a normally unfiltered person would now really say anything—Letterman kept the star on his show for a rare three consecutive segments.

At one point, Lawrence happily revealed that her brother was with her at the Ed Sullivan Theater. Asking what J. Law’s brother does for a living, Lawrence confessed “God, I don’t know,” she answered. “It’s something with computers. . .It’s something called Louisville Geek I think. I think he goes to an office?”

After Letterman joked that the brother-sister duo were obviously very close, the actress did not hesitate responding, “We talk all the time. I just never ask any questions!”

When discussing the real star of Lawrence’s promotional tour, her pixie haircut, the actress revealed that this is not the first time she has cut off all of her hair on a whim. “I got a haircut on a cruise once when I was 11,” she offered Letterman. “Don’t do that, if you ever get that idea . . . It was the same thing [as my current hair cut]. I was like, ‘I’m going to cut my hair. [...] And I had really curly hair. It was a fro.”

Asked how her classmates reacted to seeing Lawrence’s new look once she returned from vacation, she said, “I walked into the gym before school and everyone was talking and everything. I walked in feeling great. And then everyone went just dead silent. I, of course, thought [they stopped talking] because I looked so beautiful.” Deadpanning about her ignorance, she added, “I was like, ‘Oh my god. I am literally a show stopper!”

Other revelations from the segment, and other interviews this week:

On being an enthusiastic hypochondriac:

“Something’s wrong with me . . . and I’m going to find out what it is. I don’t care how many medical bills I rack up! I’m going to get a disease!” When Letterman diagnosed her as a hypochondriac, Lawrence said, “I have no idea what that means but if it is a disease, then I definitely have it!”

How she will react if Saturday Night Live makes fun of her when her Catching Fireco-star guest-hosts this weekend:

“Oh, I did not even think about that,” she told MTV. “Oh no. That’s going to be a very rude awakening. I can take jokes when they are pointed at other people. Nobody make fun of this! I’ll get pissed. Nobody make fun of my gas!”

How she’d prefer a hug over a handshake, even from strangers:

“I just need some affection. I don’t care. Hugs I’m O.K. with. I’m so tired of [shaking hands]. Somebody, just hold me.”

How strangers should beware of touching her butt more than once:


During a red-carpet interview with MTV, Lawrence was explaining, “Being in new country every single day is such a bizarre [experience] because you can feel how different. . .” when she stopped suddenly.

Interrupting herself, she looked behind and asked no one in particular, “Who keeps touching my butt? Somebody has repeatedly touched my butt. It must have been [someone’s] bag. It was such a distinct [feeling]. The first time I just let it go. I was like, [smiles flirtily],‘O.K.’ Then I felt it again and I was like, ‘No. No.’ Once is fine. Now you’re just getting ridiculous.”

On how she might become a crazy person once Hunger Games ends, and continue showing up to set each day.

“I love my boys. And Uncle Woody. It’s going to be so awful once it’s over. I’m going to be that crazy lady who still shows up to set. [Shouts like a crazy drunk woman] ‘Where’s Josh?!”

Related: Jennifer Lawrence’s “Fulcer” Took Her to the Emergency Room This Week 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...