Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Ozil blames Ancelotti for His Madrid exit

Ozil blames Ancelotti for Madrid exit

The attacking midfielder has hinted that he might have stayed at Madrid if the former PSG coach had given him the feeling that he was still an important player

Mesut Ozil has blamed Carlo Ancelotti for forcing him to leave Real Madrid for Arsenal during the summer transfer window.

The Germany international opted to say farewell to the Santiago Bernabeu side after the signings of Isco and Gareth Bale, but he has suggested that he might have stayed put had Ancelotti given him the feeling that he was still an important first-team member.

"It is very important for me that the coach shows faith in me and believes in me," Ozil told TF1.
"I had no doubt that I would stay at Real Madrid when last season came to an end.
"But then something happened and I no longer had the coach's trust.
"At Arsenal on the other hand, I feel the exact opposite."
Ozil, 25, has seven Premier League appearances for Arsenal so far, scoring twice in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...