Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Beyonce Reveals She Recorded 80 Songs For New Album, Wanted to "RebelAgainst Perfection"

Beyonce and Jay Z
[Usweekly] Impressed by Beyonce's surprise visual album drop on Dec. 13? That's nothing according to Queen Bey! The pop diva released her third informational YouTube video titled "Part 3 Run 'N Gun," explaining some of her new music including her collaboration with hubby Jay Z, "Drunk in Love." 
"When I started picking the songs that I gravitated towards, because I recorded about 80 songs, it was the songs that were more effortless to me that stuck around," she explained. 
The Grammy winner recorded the songs a year ago, before embarking on her Mrs. Carter World Tour in April 2013. The superstar surprised fans and critics alike when she dropped her self-titled fifth studio album on iTunes without any promotion or indication on Dec. 13. In the new video, Bey recounts recording "Drunk in Love" with her husband of five years.  
"Jay went in and he started flowing out his verse," she explained. "We just kinda had a party. It wasn't about any ego, we weren't trying to make a hit record. We were just having fun, and I think you can hear that in the record."
She described the beachside music video for "Drunk in Love" as being the "most organic shoot I've ever done."  
"I wanted to carry this idea of being in the moment and embracing mistakes and effortlessness into the videos," Beyonce continued. "I wish every video was like 'Drunk.'" 
Beyonce talked about her plan for each of the music videos, including the Terry Richardson-directed "XO," which was shot in Coney Island in August. 
"If it was my choice, I would never have a permit. I would just get in the car, get a camera, and we'd just shoot, and trust me, we tried," Beyonce said laughing. "I'm trying to rebel against perfection. It's fun because you never know what's going to happen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...