Thursday, January 02, 2014

Mourinho says Juan Mata can leave Chelsea

Chelsea's Portuguese manager Jose Mourin














Jose Mourinho has told Juan Mata he can quit Chelsea after his furious reaction to today’s 53rd minute substitution at St Mary’s.
Mata ignored Mourinho when he walked off the pitch at Southampton and then slammed a seat in the visiting team dug out as he vented his frustrations.
His replacement Oscar, who was booked for diving, then made two and scored one in Chelsea’s comprehensive 3-0 victory.

Mata has won the club’s player of the year award for the past two seasons and was named in the PFA team of the year for 2012/13.
But Mourinho has now indicated that he will not stand in the Spaniard’s way if he wants to leave Stamford Bridge.
Mourinho, clearly aware of his player’s unhappiness, said: ‘I don’t want him to go, that is my opinion and that is my wish – but my door is open.
‘The club door is open too, so when a player wants to speak with us we are there waiting for them. But if you ask me do I want to sell him, I don’t want to.
‘I didn’t see the reaction, his frustration was because of the result – we have to win.
‘If we don’t win this game then the difference to the leaders is bigger. at the end of the game everyone including him it was celebrating the victory.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...