Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Woman Excretes Hard Drugs Inside Aircraft

drug woman

Chizoba Anya, a Nigerian lady, has excreted wraps of substance that tested positive for methamphetamine on-board a Qatar Airline Flight from Malaysia to Nigeria, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, said on Monday. NDLEA said the 32-year old suspect was said to have aroused suspicion following her frequent visits to the toilet. “On arrival at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) Lagos, three wraps of methamphetamine were found in her possession,” said Mitchell Ofoyeju, NDLEA spokesperson.




NDLEA commander at the Lagos Airport, Mr. Hamza Umar, said that the suspect while under observation excreted two additional wraps. “The suspect was found with three wraps which she excreted in the aircraft. While she was under observation at the Lagos airport, she excreted two additional wraps of drugs. The five wraps which tested positive for methamphetamine weighed 80 grammes,” Umar said. Preliminary investigation also revealed that the suspect left Ghana where she ingested the drugs to Malaysia. “In Malaysia, she was denied entry and made to board another flight back to Nigeria. 

She started excreting the drugs at the airport in Malaysia,” NDLEA said. The agency quoted the suspect as saying in her statement that she was offered half a million naira to smuggle the drugs to Malaysia. “I was promised the sum of half a million naira but my problem started when I had immigration problem in Malaysia. I was denied entry and made to return to Nigeria after two days. While in the aircraft, I excreted three wraps and two other wraps in the NDLEA office,” Chizoba stated. Chizoba , who hails from Onitsha, said that she just completed her Higher National Diploma (HND) in Business Administration at the Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State. “I just completed my HND programme and I am from a very poor family. I wanted to use the money they promised me to assist my siblings by smuggling the drug to Malaysia,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...