Are you guilty of telling a friend one of these lies?
You'd be hard-pressed to be among a group of ladies with nothing to say regarding your relationship. So if one of your best friends is gabbing more than a "Chatty Cathy" doll, avoid these 5 lies women tell each other about men and dating:
5. "He's probably just busy." When you first started dating, he showed up regularly with flowers and couldn't stop whispering sweet nothings into your ear. But now? You're lucky if he returns your phone calls because he's sooo busy. Your BFF may console you otherwise, but bottom line is we all have the same amount of hours in our day. Break free, girl. There are plenty of fish in the sea who will make time to take your bait no matter when the tide is receding.
4. "I know exactly how you feel." Um. No. You don't. Perhaps your friend has dealt with a similar circumstance, but the only way for her to know how you feel is to be you. Everyone's feelings are unique to themselves. She might have some good advice, but in my experience "I know exactly how you feel" is more of a redirect to make conversation about herself than to input any life-altering suggestions. Proceed with caution.
3. "He's cheating on you." Okay, Miss Negative Nancy, he fell asleep and forgot to text you onenight. It's not like he called you someone else's name in the middle of sex or didn't invite you to his birthday dinner. Just because your friend's ex cheated on her with a stripper named Princess doesn't mean all men are scum.
2. "All men are the same." On the contrary. Men are like shoes; no two fit alike and you have to try a bunch on until you find the perfect fit. Some are uncomfortable, some make you feel like a hooker, but one will fit so well you think you're walking on cloud nine.
1. "Stability is more important than sex." I can't imagine a dude ever saying this to a buddy, but for some reason, us women don't place our sexual needs as high-priority in relationships. Egyptian cotton may keep you warm at night, but I'd rather feel the heat of my partner because they can't keep their hands off of me.