Saturday, December 28, 2013

“I wouldn’t have been Liverpool manager if not for Mourinho” – Rodgers

Rodgers waves













Brendan Rodgers claims he would never have become Liverpool manager without Jose Mourinho.
But he has told his old mentor he won’t fall for his mind games ahead of their first clash tomorrow.
Rodgers says he learnt so much from Mourinho, working as his youth team coach at Chelsea during the Portuguese’s first spell in charge at Stamford Bridge.
“I probably wouldn’t be sat here today if it wasn’t for him,” said the Reds boss. “He played a huge part in my career.


“I was a 30-year-old nobody and he gave me the self-esteem and confidence that has prepared me greatly for the role I’m in today.
“He was just someone I tried to learn from and take every detail from in terms of how I would cope if I ever got to manage a great club.”
Rodgers laughed off Mourinho’s claim that Liverpool have only done so well this season because of their ‘holiday’ from European football.
“Have we?” he smiled. “Don’t worry, I know all the games. I’m looking forward to the game and it’s the first time a team of mine will have played his.”
Source: sportscabal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...