Saturday, December 14, 2013

Beyoncé: Why I Released Visual Album

beyonce
Just when folks thought it was safe to get off Instagram and go to bed, Beyonce dropped a completely unexpected 14 track, 17 video "visual album assumed to be titled BEYONCE (if it has a title at all).
Beyonce explains how she "sees" music and wanted to share that with fans.
"I see music," Beyoncé says. "It's more than just what I hear. When I'm connected to something, I immediately see a visual or a series of images that are tied to a feeling or an emotion, a memory from my childhood, thoughts about life, my dreams or my fantasies. And they're all connected to the music."
Beyonce goes on to say that music fans have lost their sense of release as event and have allowed things like promotional cycles get in the the way of the music.
Beyonce recalls the excitement around the release of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" music video before saying that fans experience music differently, nowadays. She says that fans are "all about the single and don't take time with the whole album." Which is why she released her whole album as a series of videos with no pre-release hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...