Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Demi Lovato opens up about her past: 'I Couldn't Go 30 Minutes WithoutCocaine'

Demi Lovato, "Neon Lights" music video
21-year-old singer, Demi Lovato has admitted that her fans would be "shocked," to hear about her drug and alcohol abuse stories. She is now opening up about her darkest days as she battles her past addiction.
"Something I've never talked about before, but with my drug use I could hide it to where I would sneak drugs. I couldn't go without 30 minutes to an hour without cocaine and I would bring it on airplanes," the Skyscrapersinger confessed in an exclusive  interview with Access Hollywood"I would smuggle it basically and just wait until everyone in first class would go to sleep and I would do it right there. I'd sneak to the bathroom and I'd do it." 


The Disney star, who now leads a sober lifestyle, withdrew form the Jonas Brothers' Live in Concert tour back in October of 2010, to be placed in a treatment facility for "physical and emotional issues" at just 18-years-old, but she admits she was still reluctant to accept help from others.
"That's how difficult it got and that was even with somebody [with me]," Lovato continued, recalling the severity of her addiction. "I had a sober companion, somebody who was watching me 24/7 and living with me [and] I was able to hide it from them as well."
She finally hit rock bottom at age 19.
"I was going to the airport and I had a Sprite bottle just filled with vodka and it was just 9 in the morning and I was throwing up in the car and this was just to get on a plane to go back to L.A. to the sober living house that I was staying at...I had all the help in the world, but I didn't want it," she revealed on Monday, Dec. 9, from the set of the X Factor. "When I hit that moment I was like, it's no longer fun when you're doing it alone. I've really never talked about this stuff before...I don't know if I should be sharing this."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...