Monday, December 23, 2013

CONTROVERSIAL LETTER: 'I Believe In What I Wrote, I Have My Facts' -Obasanjo Insists





Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has insisted that he stood by the issues he raised in his 18 page letter to President Goodluck Jonathan.
During the visit of some top leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to the former president's home for a closed door meeting on Saturday, Obasanjo reportedly opened up, barring his mind on he state of the nation.
A source, who spoke in confidence, said: "After the initial obeisance, banters, and the purpose of the APC mission, the ex-President had audience with a group of six or seven leaders.
"He told them that he believed in what he wrote and he had no regrets for doing so. He said he was not 'self-seeking' in writing President Jonathan.
"The ex-President also told the team that 'if it is necessary, I will provide evidence on some of the issues. I have my facts."




According to another source, the ex-President's body language was a "bit stronger on his point on snipers but he did not go into details".
"Obasanjo restated his faith in a united and indivisible Nigeria. He also pleaded with APC leaders to remain committed to one Nigeria, irrespective of the political situation in the country," the source added.
The source quoted Obasanjo as saying: "I did not write the letter to curry favour or seek undue attention but at my age, I should talk when things are going wrong. I am not on a self-seeking mission."
On the mission of APC leaders, a third source said, "In fact, the APC leaders told Obasanjo that having consulted with past leaders on the state of the nation; they also owed him a duty to brief him on why they are after a change of leadership in 2015."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...