Sunday, December 22, 2013

WATCH: Beyonce Admits New Album Was ‘Huge Risk,’ ‘Proud Of Myself As AWoman’



Beyonce screened the 17 videos that accompany her latest album at the School of Visual Arts in New York on Saturday, and opened up to the audience about her fears surrounding the new project, why she choose to keep it hush hush, and the importance of empowering women.
VIDEO ABOVE
The singer admitted during a question-and-answer session that before the album’s release, “I was terrified. I was so scared. I already envisioned like the worst things that could happen… I was really nervous because this was a huge risk.”
Of course, there was nothing to be concerned about. Beyonce’s fifth album debuted at number one on the Billboard charts and set a number of other records.



Beyonce told the audience that it wasn’t until “I became a mother” and began to “completely feel liberated” that she felt she could put out her self-titled album.
“I felt like I wanted follow in the footsteps of Madonna and be a powerhouse and have my own empire,” said the superstar, who released her music through her new production company, Parkwood Entertainment. “And (to) show other women when you get to this point in your career, you don’t have to go sign with someone else and share your money and your success, you can do it yourself.”
Beyonce also said she wanted to shake things up.
“Honestly I was at a point where I felt like, you know, everything feels the same… that’s how I felt and if I could not challenge that, then maybe it’s time for me to do something else or develop more artists, which is something I want to do,” she said, adding, “I just hope that I continue to move forward and challenge myself, and I think now that I’ve become a mother, I just want my legacy to inspire people.”
Beyonce, who collaborated on some tracks with husband Jay-Z, daughter Blue Ivy, Justin Timberlake, and Drake, summed up that she “took all of my insecurities, all of my doubts, all of my fears and everything I’ve learned over the 17 years and I applied it into this project,” and noted, “But more than the music, I’m proud of myself as a woman.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...