Friday, January 17, 2014

Celebrities React To 2014 Oscar Nominations

This morning (January 16), the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences unveiled this year’s Oscar nominees, and some of our favorite stars have weighed in on the news.
Leonardo DiCaprio gushed over his nod for Best Actor (Wolf of Wall Street), noting, "I am deeply humbled by this honor and even happier to share today with Marty [Scorsese], Jonah [Hill], Terry [Winter], as well as this entire cast and crew. The Wolf of Wall Street has been a passion project of mine, and I found the role to be one of the most challenging and rewarding of my career. Congratulations to all of my fellow nominees and thank you to the Academy for this extraordinary recognition."
Additionally, Leo’s cohort Jonah Hill got excited about his Best Supporting Actor mention. "I am in complete and total shock. I honestly was not expecting this, on a level you can't even imagine. Again, I'm clearly in shock. I didn't have a plan for celebrating today because I truly did not expect any of this! But I am going to the Critics' Choice Awards and it will be great to see everyone from the film there tonight. Truly, this is shocking."
Best Supporting Actress nominee Julia Roberts (August: Osage County) shared, "This was certainly a once in a lifetime experience and the recognition from it is an absolutely thrilling bonus. I simply could not be more excited right now."
Looking to score her very first Oscar, Amy Adams was overjoyed to hear that she made the cut for Best Actress (American Hustle). "It's a very good thing to wake up to; we were all asleep! Making Hustle was very challenging, so it's really nice that people not only recognized the film but all the actors as well. And I’m so proud to have been in Her too, which has been recognized with a best picture nomination. As for celebrating today, maybe we should go out for a family hike? Then again, everyone looks pretty tired around here right now!"
Best Actress hopeful Judi Dench (Philomena) declared, "This is just the loveliest news. I'm so happy for everybody involved, and so proud to have been part of the wonderful experience that Philomena has been."
“Gravity” helmsman Alfonso Cuaron was tapped for the Best Director category- "Thank you, Academy, for this incredible recognition. These nominations are not just about single achievements, but rather the collective effort of hundreds of dedicated artists who made this dream a reality. On behalf of everyone involved with Gravity, I want to express our deepest gratitude to the industry, the exhibitors, and the public for embracing this film so passionately. A special thank you to our friends and collaborators at Warner Bros. for staying on board this journey for more than four years. I am particularly moved by Sandy's nomination. She is the heartbeat of our film. She immersed herself in the part. And I thank her for her grace, her trust and her dedication to finding the truth of this character."
And Chiwetel Ejiofor can’t wait to see if he scores the Best Actor trophy- "At no point during filming, in the sweltering heat of New Orleans, did any of us ever foresee the journey this film would take us all on. Steve McQueen created an entire family to tell one man's tale and I am delighted that so many of this family have also been recognized today. I am hugely grateful to the Academy for this great honor, and, of course, to Solomon Northup for sharing his story through his breathtaking book."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...