Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Julia Roberts Steers Clear of Social Media: Watch Here!

She's one of the hottest stars in Tinseltown, but when it comes to social media, Julia Roberts is a bit of a luddite.
Asked about the possibility of joining one of the many social media sites, the "August: Osage County" star shared, "Well, I haven't chosen to not be a part of it. I kind of just don't get it. See that's the thing I don't get. It's like screaming into the wind. I guess I just don't get it. If somebody has a grievance with me, or if it's a friend or somebody has been misinformed or misunderstood, I would go to them directly."
Preferring other methods of communication, the 46-year-old actress continues, "There's a directness that I miss and the idea of Internet or Twitter…I picture Twitter on a pager which I know is also antiquated, I don't know where you Twitter! There's just a lack of human connection to all of it and that doesn't appeal to me."
However, Julia's not about to slam it if that's what floats your boat, as she concludes, "It makes people feel connected and it brings people together and does all these awesome things, but for me, I like to look at somebody and have more tangible connections. That's what I as a person am invested in." Check out her interview below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...