Thursday, October 31, 2013

Eminem Apologizes To His Mother In New Song; The Marshall Mathers LP



Despite their rocky history, which includes lawsuits and scathing lyrics, Eminem is burying the hatchet between he and his mother with an apology … in the form of a song on his new album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2.
On the Nate Ruess-assisted “Headlights,” the hip-hop star reflects on their relationship, asking if he took things too far over the years.
“I went in headfirst/ Never thinking about who what I said hurt, in what verse / My mom probably got it the worst, the brunt of it / But as stubborn as we are, did I take it too far?” Em raps. ” ‘Cleanin’ Out My Closet’ and all them other songs, but regardless, I don’t hate you, ’cause ma / you’re still beautiful to me ’cause you’re my mom.”
In the 2002 single, “Cleanin’ Out My Closet”, he called his mom (Debbie Mathers) a “selfish bitch” and even went as far as to say, “I hope you f***ing burn in hell.” Well, as they say, time heals all.
In “Headlights,” Em says they remain estranged, but apologizes and regrets “Closet”, which he says he doesn’t perform anymore.
“To this day we remain estranged and I hate it though / ‘Cause you ain’t even get to witness your grand baby’s grow / But I’m sorry mama for ‘Cleaning Out My Closet,’ at the time I was angry / Rightfully maybe so, never meant that far to take it though, ’cause / Now I know it’s not your fault, and I’m not making jokes / That song I no longer play at shows and I cringe every time it’s on the radio.”
And finally, the rapper even thanks mom for raising him, acting as both his mother and father.
“I’m mad I didn’t get the chance to thank you for being my mom and my dad / So mom, please accept this as a tribute,” Em raps.
“Headlights” will appear on The Marshall Mathers LP, set for release November 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...