Saturday, January 11, 2014

Actress Gabrielle Union says 'I won't sacrifice my relationship for mycareer' with Dwyane Wade

Gabrielle Union
After all the drama being said about this actress and her relationship with Dwyane Wade, the newly engaged 41-year-old Being Mary Jane star, Gabrielle Union is revealing all in the February issue of Glamour Magazine. 
The fiancee to NBA Miami Heat player, Dwyane Wade says that going back and forth with projects was a key factor into why the couple had a brief split, back in 2013. 
"When you're debating whether to go backward or forward, you have to look at the original issue," she says."It was because of distance and scheduling. I finished filming the show, then I flew to Vegas right away to start shooting Think Like a Man Too. I couldn't take time off, and I missed some quality togetherness we desperately needed."


The 41-year-old who is currently starring in BET's new original seriesBeing Mary Jane, also shares that the time she and Dwyane spent away from each other gave her enough space to get her thoughts together and have a change of heart about their breakup. 
"Over the summer, I reassessed priorities. I'd always wanted an awesome career with back-to-back projects, but I realized I wasn't willing to sacrifice my relationship for it. Moving forward, I decided my work schedule has to make sense for our family," Union said. 
Now that she is about to become Mrs. Wade, Union has a lot under belt, due to the fact that Wade already has three son's, including the "secret child" with a friend, that was conceived while on the brief split, and a adopted nephew. Union says that her mind is even clearer, and that she knows now how to handle future interruptions. 
"Bottom line: If an issue's a deal breaker, it's a deal breaker," she says. "If your relationship isn't something you're willing to give up and you can compromise, do so."
Union admits that she was a terrible wife in her first marriage to former NFL football player, Chris Howard. 
I was a terrible wife," says Union. "It was my way or the highway." Union and Howard divorced in 2006. 
Maybe that same spirit should be included in her next marriage when it comes to the lady friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...