Saturday, January 11, 2014

Cameron Diaz - I have not Failed!

0110_fish_split_cameron
"I don't want to look like I did when I was 25. I like the way that I look now better than when I was 25. I can't help that other people may be uncomfortable with that, but that's not my responsibility to make them feel okay with the fact that I'm getting older. I'm okay with it. I like it. ... There's no such thing as anti-aging. There's no such thing as turning back the hands of time, and it makes me crazy that we live in a society where that's sold to women – that we're supposed to believe that if we're getting older, we've failed somehow, that we have failed by not staying young. ... I wish that women would let other women age gracefully and allow them to get older and know that as we get older, we become wiser." 


--Cameron Diaz in a recent interview, and if you didn't think she was super smart and savvy before (I admittedly didn't, but we never do stop learning as long as we're open to learning, do we?), then these sage words should convince you otherwise.

Cameron's got an amazing point -- why should we try to hang onto something that, while good, is in the past? Why not keep moving forward, even if we're losing skin elasticity as we're gaining important insight?

Such is the way of the world, friends, and even if you are the unfortunately great-looking Kris Jenner who's had (?) God knows what done to her body, firm breasts and line-free faces are just no substitute for good, old-fashioned self-awareness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...