Friday, January 10, 2014

Police Accused of illegally obtaining Steven Gerrard 'street fight'CCTV quits Force in face of probe

Charge: Helen Jones leaves South Sefton Magistrates Court
Charge: Helen Jones leaves South Sefton Magistrates Court

A former police officer has appeared in court accused of illegally obtaining CCTV of an alleged street fight involving Steven Gerrard.
Helen Jones is said to have tried to use her position as a WPC to get hold of film that shows the Liverpool star in a row with another man.
The 31-year-old was not working at the time of the alleged con on August 8 because she had been on a career break from Merseyside Police since March.
But the force still employed her.

According to court papers, Jones “without reasonable excuse of justification, misrepresented that she was an on-duty police officer and recovered CCTV contrary to common law”.

Steven Gerrard arrives at his Testimonial Gala Dinner at the Liverpool Echo Arena with his wife Alex and their daughter
Couple: Steven Gerrard and Alex have been named in legal papers over row

Splash News

It is also alleged she “willfully misconducted herself”.
The Mirror last night learned Jones quit the force last month in the face of the criminal probe.
Gerrard’s alleged fracas happened as he got out of his Range Rover outside a shop near his home in Formby, Merseyside.
The Sunday Mirror recently revealed the footballer, wife Alex and close friend Lee McPartland are named in civil action legal papers lodged at London’s High Court.
A man called Paul Alan Lloyd is thought to be seeking damages from them over the incident.
Jones, who is now living in Chatham, Kent, appeared before Sefton magistrates in Bootle.

Steven Gerrard and Lee McPartland
Pals: Gerrard with close friend Lee McPartland
No plea was entered during the five-minute hearing, but it was indicated she will deny the offence. The case can only be dealt with by a judge and jury.
The court clerk said: “I understand that, given the circumstances, there’s been arrangements for it to be listed at Preston crown court in two weeks.”
Roderick Jones, defending, said his client wants the case to come to trial “as soon as possible”.
Jones left the court with her face covered and did not comment.
She was freed on bail with the conditions that she lives and sleeps at a home in Chatham and inform Merseyside Police of any change of address.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...