Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Kanye Confesses: I Needed “God, Sex, And Alcohol… ” To Deal With The2009 Taylor Swift Incident (DETAILS)

Kanye West Interview Magazine Feb 2014
Though he’s said a lot in the past few months, he still manages to surprise us with one of his latest confessions. That is, that he needed “God, sex, and alcohol” to deal with the 2009 Taylor Swift incident.
Check out a few highlights, from the spread below.
His thoughts about fatherhood:
“It’s all brand new, how it feels to be a father. There are some things that I understand, certain things that I don’t understand, certain things that I like to get off my chest in interview, certain things that I want to talk about. But when we talk about love, I don’t have an answer. All I can say is that I’m happy I have it.”
On “Bound 2″:
“I think people are afraid of dreams, and that video is one of the closest things to the way that dreams look and feel, or the way joy looks and feels, with the colors. You know, I think there are rules to fashion, with the all-black everything, and rules of art, with white galleries. There are rules to how a lot of things are: the concrete jungle, stone pavement, brick walls. There are even rules to what a Brooklyn apartment looks like. But this video completely didn’t respect all of those rules whatsoever. It’s a dream, and I think the controversy comes from the fact that I don’t think most people are comfortable with their own dreams, so it’s hard for them to be comfortable with other people’s dreams.”
Kanye West Interview Magazine Feb 2014
On his profession:
“As a celebrity, I have an opportunity to make a living at being the spokesperson for the third or fourth rendition of a thought – promoting something that has already been proven. The problem is that I like to be the inventor – I’m the person who works on the concept, who invents new thoughts, who brings new ideas into the universe. I’m not the guy who works on selling the idea – I’m not Vanna White for the new Hyundai. I am the guy who works on the concept of the car. Too many people are scared. But it is my job to go up every night and talk about this kind of shit. It is actually my job. I’m like the broadcaster for futurism, for dreamers, for people who believe in themselves.”
On How He Dealt With The 2009 Taylor Swift Incident’ Mentally, Physically and Spiritually:’
“It’s funny that you would say “mentally, physically, spiritually” because my answer before you even said that was going to be “god, sex, and alcohol.”
Interview Magazine Kanye West Feb 2014
On “Yeezus” Being A Huge Risk
“It’s the only way that I can survive. The risk for me would be in not taking one—that’s the only thing that’s really risky for me. I live inside, and I’ve learned how to swim through backlash, or maintain through the current of a negative public opinion and create from that and come through it and spring forth to completely surprise everyone—to satisfy all believers and annihilate all doubters. And at this point, it’s just fun.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...