Friday, January 24, 2014

Patti LaBelle Slams those calling themselves Divas

24799 original12
Patti LaBelle has some choice words for anyone and everyone who calls themselves a diva these days!
In a recent interview, Patti was asked what it meant to her to be a diva, and she let the flood gates open:
"That word is used so loosely that I don't even consider myself a diva. I always considered myself a woman who sings her heart out and who gives 120 percent. 'Diva' is a word that I wouldn't wanna call myself because it's so loosely used. It's not cute anymore...[B]ecause all these little heifers who can't sing are called divas! It doesn't mean anything to me and probably to some of the other ladies who have been doing it for as long as I have:Gladys KnightAretha FranklinDionne Warwick. You know, I'm speaking for me - I don't know if they like to be called divas - but I know I wouldn't call them divas, because it's not in good company...Now you can look up to them (Opera divas), but you might not see what you wanna see. A hot mess! People who are doing it and doing it with about 40 people on stage with them to hide their pitifulness - that's not a word, but you know what I mean."
Patti has officially made it clear that a diva is a female version of a heifer!
Well, we think you're a diva in the heifer-less, positivedefinition of the word, Patti! You're so strong and flawless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...