Sunday, January 19, 2014

'12 Years A Slave' Star Lupita Nyong'o Pays Tribute To Late Uncle AtCritics' Choice Awards

slideshow
Next photo1 of 8

Lupita Nyong'o
12 Years a Slave star Lupita Nyong'o gave a heartwarming speech during her acceptance of the Best Supporting Actress award at Thursday night's 19th Annual Critics' Choice Awards.

The Kenyan actress and film director thanked Slave director Steve McQueen for his inspiration during filming, and dedicated her award to her late uncle.

"Steve, your passion, your dedication and your smile inspired me every day on set, and it continues to inspire me now," she said. "I want to thank my team and my family for their support and I'd like to dedicate this to my uncle...who always came to watch every single play I was in, and in one of the last performances he saw me in, he said, 'You're good. But let's see what Hollywood thinks of you.'
"He didn't live to see this day," she adds, "but I'm sure he's proud of me. Thank you."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...