Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cheetahs OUTRUN by villagers who captured them for eating their goats


Cheetah: Preying on goats
Cheetah: Preying on goats
Cheetahs may be the fastest land animal in the world but two goat-pilfering bigcats were no match for fleet-footed Kenyans.
Four villagers from a Kenyan-Somali community chased the cheetahs over four miles before finally catching them.
The animals which can reach 64 miles per hour were not harmed and were carefully handed over to the Kenya Wildlife Service.
The sneaky villagers waited until the hottest part of the day so that cats would not hit their usual top speed.
Villager Nur Osman Hassan said he was fed up with the wild cats killing his goats and wanted compensation from wildlife services.
Mr Hassan said: "These cheetahs killed 15 of my goats - they were coming to my house daily to kill my goats.
"I was sipping a cup of tea when I saw them killing another goat."
He then rounded up some athletic pals and they gave chase.
Mr Hassan said: "We caught them and we brought them to the local authorities. I need compensation from them because the cheetahs killed most of my goats."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...