Sunday, November 10, 2013

Neil Patrick Harris Talks About Declaring His Gay Status

neil patrick harris talks about coming out
NPH, you wise, wise man!
If there’s anyone who can articulate what it’s like to do something, it’s Neil Patrick Harris, and the actor was recently asked about coming out.
To make it easier for people to understand, he said it like this:
"I don't think doing it in an exploitative way makes sense. I just feel like that whole world is very personal. Here's a good analogy – if you're going to jump into the pool and you're not sure how to swim, it's probably not so effective to just push someone into the pool ... It's probably not the best way."
That is so true! As for Neil, he came out when he found his loverman David Burtka! He told the fabulously mushy story:




"For me, I fell in love with a dude and started spending all my time with him. And therefore, you don't want to be suppressive of that. As I started working more frequently, with more eyes on us, I figured that that was inevitability and the opposite would be, again, suppressive… I didn't want to disrespect David. I didn't want to make David feel like he didn't exist in my life and at the same time I didn't want David's identity to be, 'The guy that's dating me.' It's a very individual thing."
Aww! That melts our hearts!
We love how honest NPH is, and who knows, maybe will his words will help some people who need advice!
[Image via BauerGriffinOnline.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...