Kanye's 10 Years Obsession Over Kim Kardashian [PHOTOS & VIDEOS]
Since 2007, we’ve all been fixed on Kim K. and her Killer Kurves.
Ogled by the world, stalked by the paparazzi, and asked to cover every magazine we can dream of (except VOGUE) there hasn’t been a moment, since then, when Kim wasn’t relevant. We know we’vebeen obsessed with Kim for the better part of 6 years… but what we weren’t hip to, until recently, is Kanye West – THE Kanye West – has been pretty much waiting on the sidelines for his chance to wife Kim way before we even knew who she was.
Remember geeky Brainy from Hey Arnold drooling over Helgaeverywhere she went, only to get punched in the face every time he tried to get her attention? Yep, that was Kanye more or less and it was Yeezy for SO long, that he can’t even really remember when they first met.
He recently told his soon-to-be mother-in-law on her talk show Kris:
“I’m trying to remember if it was her being in the studio when she was Brandy’s assistant and I think she brought us in something to drink, something you can’t drink on daytime television, or it might have been when I was doing Brandy’s video. I remember asking my manager like, ‘Who’s that girl right there?’ and he’s like, ‘Oh you mean Kim?’”
Since he met her as B-Rocka’s assistant back in 2004, Ye’s been obsessed – way more obsessed than us – and now that he’s got her, the Kim K. praise pouring from Kanye’s lips knows no end. Here are all the moments that prove that he’s been wanting that for a really, really, long time.
1. Kanye West was spotted posing with a scantily clad Kim K during her video shoot for “Jam.” If we remember correctly, Kim wasn’t single.
2. In true Kardashian fashion, Kanye made an appearance onKourtney & Kim Take New York (He HAD to have been in love because reality TV is so not ‘Ye) .
As is obvious in the quick clip, Kim was being a total tease and Kanye bit the bait every time.
“We’ve known Kanye since 2006 or 2007 and he’s always been into [Kim] and loved her. He just always was so obsessed with her – in a good way.”
(Or so Khloe thought… Kim and Kanye met way before then, as he’s revealed). Kim’s lil sis went on:
“I just thought that was so cute And she was like, ‘No we’re just friends or whatever…’ One day – I don’t know what happened, she acts like it was her idea, like I never said it, ‘Wait, I think I really like Kanye.’ And I was like ‘Hello! I’ve been telling you for years!”
4. Kanye’s ex-girlfriend Brooke Crittendon confirmed that he’s definitely had a thing for Kim for a long time. She also discusses him watching Kim’s infamous sex tape (Via The Sun):
“Part of being untouchable is having what other people want. It’s about saying, ‘Everybody wants her and she wants me’. That makes sense in Kanye’s world. I know he has had a thing with her for a while. I’m sure he watched her tape. After we broke up, we caught up as friends and he mentioned her, I knew something was there. In Hollywood, you cannot say ‘forever’. Them being together satisfies them for now. Having a baby ticks a box. She wanted kids and it’s his legacy.”
5. Amongst other heartwarming statements, Yeezy recently toldEllen DeGeneres plain and simple:
“I just think that Kim is awesome.”
6. Here are few more statements from the Kris Jenner interview he did this year:
“I remember seeing a picture of her. I think she was in Australia with Paris Hilton or something and reading her name and telling my friends, ‘Have you ever seen Kim Kar-duh-shaun?’
I remember I had this TV show that I was working on that had puppets around it like a modern day Jim Henson type vibe because I really get into creative ideas like this. We were doing this skit where I was playing a Star Wars character and I wanted her to be Princess Leia because she was my dream girl. So she came to the show and I remember being so nervous around her and so in awe that she was actually in front of me. We shot the scene and I was able to just start talking to her. I was in love with her before I ever got to talk to her.”
He’s referring to this throwback moment in 2008:
That’s not all he said… Yeezy also joked about taking up sports to catch Kim’s eye:
“There were times that I wasn’t with her, that I wanted to be with her, so I thought about taking up sports.”
The most revealing confession:
“I just dreamed about being next to her and…I don’t know. I don’t want to start jumping up and down on the couch or anything. (smiles)”
7. Kim makes him super giddy…
… Like suuuuper giddy, dawg!
He just won’t stop smiling.
8. Whispering sweet nothings into your girl’s ear is a clear signal of true love.
9. Did we mention Kanye was never above threatening Kim’s ex-hubby Kris Humphries? Take these “Theraflu” lyrics, for example:
“And I’ll admit I had fell in love with Kim around the same time she had fell in love with him… and that’s cool baby girl, do ya thing. Lucky I ain’t have Jay drop him from the team!”
10. He also did his best to hurt Ray J’s feelings… or should we call him “Brandy’s little sister?”
Speaking of musical moments inspired by Kim…
11. The “Bound 2″ video is basically Kim’s video…
12. He also boasts about Kim’s infamous sex tape on “Clique.”
“Break records at Louis, ate breakfast at Gucci My girl a superstar all from a home movie.”
13. According to ‘Ye’s intriguing interview on On Air With Ryan Seacrest, Kim influences the public in a way First Lady Michelle Obama never could.
“There’s no way Kim Kardashian shouldn’t be on the cover of Vogue. She’s like the most intriguing woman right now. She’s got BarbaraWalters calling her like everyday,” he said, noting that reality stars have often been overlooked by mainstream fashion magazines. “And collectively, we’re the most influential with clothing. No one is looking at what [BarackObama] is wearing. MichelleObama cannot Instagram a [bikini] pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day.”
Who could have guessed how this would eventually play out? Kanye pictured… waiting on the sidelines 4 years ago.
Have we made our point?
PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, Wenn, Getty, W Magazine, Splash