Sunday, November 10, 2013

Jose Mourinho insists late Chelsea penalty was legitimate as SteveClarke seethes


Controversy: Ramires goes down in the box
Controversy: Ramires goes down in the box

Jose Mourinho has shrugged off suggestions that midfielder Ramires dived to win Chelsea a stoppage-time penalty.
Eden Hazard knocked home from 12 yards to steal the Blues a point , but despite protests from West Brom the Portuguese stood firm. When asked by Radio Five Live if he felt it was a legitimate penalty shout, Mourinho was resolute in his response:
"I don't think it was a penalty, I know it was," he replied bullishly.
"Andre Marriner is one of the best referees in Europe."
"We have a penalty which is difficult to accept for winning team, but WBA know the ref didn't make a mistake."
However, opposite number Steve Clarke felt quite differently when quizzed about the incident:
"Penalty? The non penalty? That's my take on it: no penalty.
"I'm sad," added the Baggies manager, who spent years at Stamford Bridge as a player and then assistant manager, "I'm angry."
"The non penalty? That's my take on it: no penalty. I'm sad, I'm angry."
Albion keeper Ben Foster labelled the decision a "load of s**t" as he vented on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...